The International Music Institute and Festival USA
An Intensive Summer Music Program for Strings and Piano
July 14-24, 2013
Top 5 reasons to attend IMIF:
1. Study with internationally-acclaimed performers who care about you! IMIF's main objective is to assist musicians in reaching their personal and musical goals by supporting, nurturing, and showcasing their talent, and providing them with inter-disciplinary arts experiences, outstanding professional career guidance, and first class musical instruction. (Faculty)
2. Experience a holistic approach to music education: learn how to take care of your body and prevent performance injuries, feel more confident on stage, and practice more effectively. Become a more expressive and communicative person and performer through improvisation, stage presence, dance and theater workshops. (Interdisciplinary arts experiences)
3. Our capped enrollment facilitates an intense musical experience as well life-long friendships. All students receive private lessons and chamber music coaching as well as performance opportunities. (IMIF Defined)
4. Accommodations and facilities at Mount Saint Mary's University (an hour from Baltimore and Washington D.C.) are of the highest standard. The scenic campus is an outstanding setting for work and leisure time. (Location and Photos)
5. IMIF is truly a life-changing, international musical experience! In addition to American participants from coast to coast, past participants have joined us from: Canada, Germany, Poland, China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Israel, Russia, Iceland, Estonia, Norway, Mexico, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Sweden, India, Indonesia, and Argentina. (Testimonials)
an intense solo and chamber music program like no other. change your life, your music, your perspective, and your career. experience the arts in a way that will unleash your full creative potential.
Is IMIF for you?
The IMIF program attracts outstanding young musicians from around the world. The program is for piano and strings (violin, viola, and cello) and participants generally range from 13-24. Chamber groups are formed according to age and experience. Most students have several years of private lessons, and many are already quite advanced, however students of all ages and levels are welcome to apply. Each year we welcome a few younger participants (as young as 10), as well as continuing education/post-graduate participants.